[wdmaudiodev] Installing the same APO with two different driver packages

  • From: Dadi <dadiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:16:19 +0300

Hi,

We are facing a driver package and APO integration problem.

We need to integrate the same APO DLL file in two different driver
packages.
Each driver package has its own WHQL process and its own certification
process.
Each driver package can be installed separately and also they will be
installed together on the same system.

We need to install the same APO DLL for both drivers.

There is a problem with the .cat files (containing the hash values) that
our APO will receive from each of the driver certification process, each
driver certification will create a different .cat file for the same APO and
so it will conflict when installing both drivers to the system. Hash values
can be mismatched during runtime because of the different .cat files and
APO will fail to load.

Is there any solution for that? Is there anyway to share the same
certification between the packages and also have a reference count for such
file?

Notes:
- The option of duplicating the APO to two different files (and also
creating new CLSIDs) is very problematic for many reasons. It is important
for us to avoid that if possible.
- Because one of the driver packages is always guaranteed to be installed
to the system then we were thinking that the other driver package will NOT
include and not install the APO file at all, instead it will only be used
during runtime (our APO is wrapped under the Codec Vendor APO and is
initialized dynamically using CoCreateInstance). But we afraid that this
might not work because the APO will have a .cat file from other driver.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dadi