[wdmaudiodev] Re: Identifying if an endpoint is virtual or physical

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:57:00 +0000

Sometimes developers want to do the exact opposite. That is, they want to do
everything possible to have their driver product look as close as possible to a
"physical" audio device to Windows and Windows apps even though it's not. Can
you describe what scenario you have that requires your module to know whether a
device is "physical"? In fact, maybe you'd first need to more thoroughly define
the meaning of "physical device" here.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft