[wdmaudiodev] Re: IPortWavePciStream::GetMapping() byte count problem

  • From: "Frank Berreth" <fberreth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:44:40 -0700

Hi,

To answer your question: No, you cannot manipulate the buffer size
portcls gives you (meaning you cannot tell portcls please give me 52*x
bytes).

Secondly, it sounds to me that you do not have a true WavePCI device.
The statement "break it up and fill the remaining data" sounds to me
like you either have a port i/o device or you record into an internal
buffer and then you copy the data to the mappings. In both cases you
should use WaveCyc and not WavePCI. WavePCI is not for (all) PCI devices
but for true bus master scatter gather devices (and only those).

The only advice I can give you is use WaveCyc if your device cannot span
frames across pages.

-Frank.