[wdmaudiodev] Re: I need to use my driver instead of wdmaud.drv

  • From: Igor Galchuk <ingvio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:58:55 +0700

Thanks for your quickly answers!
But my very important client demands support of Windows 2000 and XP only.
I have very specific USB device and have written WDM driver (not audio) for it.
My client demands support of waveAPI. Therefore, I need to translate waveAPI
calls to specific IRPs for my device. I has looked in mmsystem.h and MSDN (and
Google :) ), and I have written simple installable driver. However, I don't see
any debug messages from my installable driver (I use OutputDebugString in
driver and DebugView utility)! May be I have forgotten something and Windows
does't use my driver?! Direct me in a right direction please! I have not enough
information about installation of audio installable drivers and them internal
structure...

--
Igor Galchuk <ingvio@xxxxxxxxxxx>