[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to write a "filter" audio device driver (software-only)

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:37:28 -0800

Are you familiar with Virtual Audio Cable?

http://nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html

Matt

Yong Xu wrote:
Anyone, please?

On 11/10/06, Yong Xu <yongxu99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello list,

I am planning to write an application which intercepts data from microphone,
processes it, then hands over to upper level applications. Ideally,
the program should
present itself as a device so that if a user chooses to use it instead of
standard audio input hardware, it starts doing its job. Target
platforms are XP,
2003 and later. I have no control on applications using audio devices.

I'm an experienced Windows/C++ programmer but completely new to device driver programming. Please point me to the right direction where I can get a quick
start (sample code, articles, advice, etc). Greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Will Xu