[wdmaudiodev] How to send a simple MIDI-note on a soundcard?

  • From: "GaRRiLL" <garrill@xxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:52:41 +0400

I am a newbie in kernel-streaming topics and the drivers...
All I need is to play a midi-note in windows kernel-mode. Like
MidiOutShortMessage in WinAPI.
Where can I read the manuals or examles? Must I use IMiniport interfaces or
create complex streams? But how to use this IMiniport interfaces I don't
understand completely.
All I understand now is to find some PortMidi in system, create a new stream
in his Mimiport and to write data. But I don't knpw how to find this Port. I
think, there is no need in creating new port.

Can you give me code-examples or even ready code? It is easier to understand
topics with examples.
I must implement this in coming days, it is my home task in university.