[wdmaudiodev] How to register virtual audio capture driver in the category "Audio Capture Sources"?

  • From: "Yong Liu" <ly.didiom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:34:58 -0800

I developped avstream audio capture driver according to the sample avssamp
from DDK, and I defined the filter category as: const GUID
CaptureFilterCategories [CAPTURE_FILTER_CATEGORIES_COUNT] = { STATICGUIDOF
(KSCATEGORY_AUDIO), STATICGUIDOF (KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE) }; In inf file, I
declared the interface as

[avssamp.NT.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,GLOBAL,avssamp.Wave
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,GLOBAL,avssamp.Wave

[avssamp.Wave]
AddReg=avssamp.Wave.AddReg
[avssamp.Wave.AddReg]
HKR,,CLSID,,%Proxy.CLSID%
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WaveDeviceName%
so as I used GraphEdit to test the driver, the capture driver only showed up
in the category of WDM Streaming Capture Device. I would like this driver
show up in the category Audio Capture Sources, are there anythings wrong
with the settings? and  what should I do? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yong