[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to comunicate with post sAPO and standalone user interface?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 12:19:53 +0200

Jay Chadderwala skrev:
Hello Seniors,
I am understanding system effects APO for vista and windows 7 in order to provide custom effect. I have develop custom GUI to display effects parameters. custom post rendered GFX sAPO prepares such parameters continously. If GUI is displayed it should reflect such parameters. My question is
How can I develop communication between sAPO and standalone GUI?

As already pointed out, shared memory object with a FIFO queue is a viable option.
However, out of curiosity, how are you planning to deploy the sAPO ? Is it in
connection with
a hardware (+driver, which incidentally is the only "Microsoft sanctioned way")
?

Regards
/Rob