[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to bind a symbolic link to a mixer, midi or wave devic

  • From: "Azad Musthafa" <mazad_sg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:52:45 +0800

Hi Richard Fricks,
Any update on this? We are still having problem in Vista. ComponentID Information provided by KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID (like manufacturer id, device name etc) are not propogated to endpoint/MME waveOut/waveIn/midiiOut GetGaps.

-zad

[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to bind a symbolic link to a mixer, midi or wave device name?
From: Kenny Ong <fluffy_ko@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:25:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Richard,

 Any updates for the use of KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID in Vista?

Thanks! Kenny.

"Daniel E. Germann" <deg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
 This is going to cause problems for our customers, too. We allow the
customer to change the device name after installation so they can easily
identify each card in a multi-card installation. Some customers have 4 (or
more) cards, so you can see why this is important. It was easy to do this
on XP with KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID; we just change the associated
MediaCategories\\Name value when the user does a "Rename", and all the
APIs pick it up.

If we need to do something different on Vista, we can do that. We just need
to know what to do.

Thanks for looking into this, Richard.

-Dan
--