[wdmaudiodev] How to avoid prefix number of WDM audio device

  • From: "K. Weller" <wdmaudio@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:29:35 +0200

Hi,

if a device with my WDM audio driver is plugged into different USB port, the audio device name in the Windows Sound Settings will be renamed to :

2- MyAudioDriver

and the next USB port would be:

3- MyAudioDriver

even if there is no other device plugged in at the same time.

Why is this happen ?

As far as I can test, not all drivers have this behavior so it looks it is a problem of my driver !?

 Is there a why to avoid this behavior ?

If the problem is my driver, how can I track down the reason why this happens ?

Thanks and best regards,

K.Weller

URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: