[wdmaudiodev] Re: Hi,

  • From: "Jerry Evans" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:01:29 -0000

Hi Tim,

Sorry, it's probably my loose use of KS. To quote
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/DirectKS.mspx)

The plan for future Windows products is to provide built-in multimedia APIs and
core services with very low latency and complete bit-for-bit transparency.
These features should eliminate the need for any application program to
circumvent the audio subsystem. The IOCTL requests used by the sample
application rely on internal aspects of the current architecture that are
likely to change in future operating systems. Be forewarned that the DirectKS
approach is unlikely to work on operating systems after Windows XP and Windows
Server 2003.