[wdmaudiodev] Re: Help in KS-Position test

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:41:51 -0700

Gaurav Khuntale wrote:

> I am able to Pass above mentioned test cases by using
> KeQueryPerformanceCounter() instead of KeQueryInterruptTime() in
> GetPosition function. I am having GetPosition() function
> implementation same as MSVAD sample driver.

Do you still have the "if (m_fDmaActive)" check from the sample?

Have you checked whether the unmodified sample driver will pass these tests?

You may need to put some debug prints into GetPosition so you can see
how it gets called, and how your numbers compare to their computation.

> 2) Standard Streaming\Rendering Performance Tests\Position Drift and
> Jitter
> Successfully instantiated KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin
>     Submitting 16000 bytes to the pin
>     KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin is currently in state KSSTATE_STOP; want it
> to be in state KSSTATE_PAUSE
>     Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_ACQUIRE
>     Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_PAUSE
>     Submitting IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM IRP ...
>     IRP is pending...
>     KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin is currently in state KSSTATE_PAUSE; want it
> to be in state KSSTATE_RUN
>     Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_RUN
>     GetPosition function too slow
>     GetPosition function too slow
>     GetPosition function too slow
>     GetPosition function too slow
>     GetPosition function too slow
>     GetPosition function too slow

Are you doing something in GetPosition that would take a long time?