[wdmaudiodev] Help! Help! MSVAD: passing data from or to the real device

  • From: "cool aze" <aze2cool@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:29:44 +0000

Hi guys,

I am currently writting a vritual audio device and my project started out from the sample code provided by MS DDK, the MSVAD. I have compiled the code and succeded to install the MSVAD (simple) on my system. I know I can obtain data in/out from the functions called CMiniportWaveCyclicStreamMSVAD::CopyFrom and CMiniportWaveCyclicStreamMSVAD::CopyTo. The problem is I need to pass/get this data from/to the real audio device. I have no idea how to achieve it and been searched through wdmaudiodev mailing list archives, with no luck, can't found any clue or solution from the mailing list. I just wonder whether it is possible to do that?

From the DDK documentation, it reads

"User-mode clients call the Win32 function CreateFile with the name of the device. For example, "\\.\filters\audio\default renderer" could be a link to the audio device that has been configured for default output. Kernel-mode clients call ZwCreateFile from kernel mode. After the create-file routine returns a file handle, KS clients communicate with pin instances through KS Properties." [extracted from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Stream_d/hh/Stream_d/ks-overview_effbcd0a-bbee-49d8-9bc9-d84e83cb1999.xml.asp]

Isn't it what all I have to do is just finding the name of the device and then obtaining the handle of the device that linked to it by calling ZwCreateFile? Another question is, how(or where) am I going to find the name of the device. I am so confused here and please please please help me! My project has been delayed for more than two months because of this issue :-(

Thank for any help.

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail