[wdmaudiodev] Re: Hardware mixing

  • From: Vipin Kumar <vipin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:25:10 +0530

But ,
      i am able to open n  no. of input(capture) streams at the same time( i
am using inbuilt sound recorder so i don't know which API is used by sound
recorder)

     is there no way to invoke multiple playback/render streams ( the kmixer
can do the sampling/change sampling) but should not do mixing.

Lets say a real sound card can mix 64 playback streams in hardware,(but then
this functionality is never used because kmixer will do the mixing in
software) , so how to tell the kmixer to not mix streams, but instead invoke
new streams, so as we can handle the mixing ourselves.

come on,  the makers of audio devices( real hardware devices) must be doing
this, there should be a way, to stop kmixer mixing for all streams.

waiting for the ideas.

Vipin

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Jeff Pages <barefeet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My understanding is that multiple streams are only invoked if an
> application using DirectSound opens multiple playback buffers. All other
> multiple playback streams (such as from the waveOut API) go through kmixer
> which only opens one stream on the driver. This is described in the DDK
> under "DirectSound Hardware Acceleration", but this part of the DDK only
> makes reference to operating systems up to XP and Server 2003, so it's not
> clear whether this still applies under Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7.
>
> Jeff
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vipin Kumar" <vipin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks & Regards
Vipin.