[wdmaudiodev] Re: HLK - Audio Codec - KS Position Test errors.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 10:43:51 -0800

cedric demiere wrote:

//

/Successfully instantiated KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin\
/

/KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin is currently in state KSSTATE_STOP; want it to be in state KSSTATE_PAUSE/

/Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_ACQUIRE/

/Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_PAUSE/

/KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin is currently in state KSSTATE_PAUSE; want it to be in state KSSTATE_RUN/

/Setting KSPIN_DATAFLOW_IN pin to state KSSTATE_RUN/

/Win32BoolSucceeded(pPin->SetPropertySimple(KSPROPSETID_RtAudio, KSPROPERTY_RTAUDIO_SETWRITEPACKET, &dp->WritePacketInfo, sizeof(dp->WritePacketInfo))) - Value (1117)/

/avcore\audiocore\test\wdmaudio\portcls\kspostst\pintest.cpp Line: 2340/

And, as an unrelated side note to those Redmond folks who are listening.  I heartily applaud the new philosophy within the kernel groups to release subsystems as open source.  Having the source for KMDF and friends, for example, is a huge win for debugging and answering tricky questions.  It would be a HUGE benefit to the driver community if the WHQL/HCK/HLK test suites could be released in source form as well.  We have the file name and line number, but that information is of absolutely no use without the source.  I, personally, have single-stepped through the tests in windbg to isolate what turned out to be a test bug in the Media Foundation tests, but that would not have been necessary if I could have gone to github to look up the tests.

Even more, being able to see what the tests expect would help driver writers answer that most difficult of questions, "what do I really have to support to be treated as an X device?"  It just seems unfair to have to meet the expectations of a test we can't actually inspect.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.