[wdmaudiodev] Re: Generic Virtual MIDI-driver...

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:45:04 +0200

> This sounds like a great idea.  I like the specs.

> I have a virtual MIDI driver (WDM) I wrote 2 or 3 years ago that I will
> donate the source for IF somebody is going to run with this idea.  I
> don't have time to offer further contribution.

> What I did was basically join a couple of examples and replace the READ
> and WRITE calls with read/write to a buffer instead.  All it does is send
> whatever it receives to the other side.

> It's not pretty being a rather brute force approach, but if it gets
> something going I'm game.

Hi Bob,

I had also read your previous posts concerning virtual midi-drivers
and I'm happy that you are in on this as well :-)

I have already created a small driver-stub taking DMusUART and MPU401
and I'm currently doing just a little testing to learn how all this
stuff (like the Streams & IMXF...) works.

Still I would not decline your offer to the source (and also the
INF-file) to just double-check the stuff I'm doing here.

Best regards,
Tobias
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01