[wdmaudiodev] Re: General Audio Test over usbaudio.sys

  • From: "M'hand Boughias" <mhand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 07:05:03 +0200

Finally, I have found a solution.
After some monitoring, I see that USBAUDIO.SYS look for the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories\{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}
when it is requested the PIN:0 name.
It tries to resolve the KSCATEGORY_AUDIO guid as a category name. But this
key does not exist by default.
To make my test pass I have added this registry key (with dummy values)
thanks to the INF.