[wdmaudiodev] Forcing usbccgp.sys to select a specfic configuration

  • From: wade dawson <wdawson61@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:34:01 -0400

Hi All.  We have a UAC2 compliant usb device that works under mac os,
utilizing an IAD and device descriptor with 0xEF, 0x02, 0x01 as its CSP.
 The CSP in the IAD specifies 0x01(AUDIO),  0x02(AUDIOSTREAMING),
0x20(IP_VERSION_02_00).  Apparently Windows does not like something about
this IAD and the USB Composite device gets a yellowBang.  Based on the MSDN
article,
"E<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff537107(v=vs.85).aspx>
*numeration of Interface Collections on USB Devices with
IADs<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff537107(v=vs.85).aspx>
" *I'm guessing its either the fact that the IAD specifies audio class or
perhaps the the bDeviceProtocol field in the IAD is IP_VERSION_02_00
instead of the value for UAC1.  Anyway we need to keep these values in the
descriptors to provide class-compliance on MacOs.  If I make the device
descriptor CSP = 0xff,0,0 (vendor defined)  usbccgp.sys creates the
composite device and our driver loads and works correctly under Windows.
My question is:

Is it really possible to set the registry (
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\*<device_identifier>*\*
<instance_identifier>*\DeviceParameters) mentioned in "*Configuring
Usbccgp.sys to Select a Non-Default USB
Configuration<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff538059(v=vs.85).aspx>
" *

If so, how does one do this?  From the inf?  a Coninstaller?

Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated!