[wdmaudiodev] Re: Forcing system to use Pin names

  • From: "Mitchell Rundle" <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:49:40 -0800

There are 3 ways that you can support "multiple stereo pins".  Each
method will have a different result.

1) Multiple filters, each with a single stereo pin:  This will be
exposed as multiple devices in both the MME Wave API, and the
DirectSound API.
2) A single filter with multiple stereo pins:  This will show up as a
single device in both the MME Wave and Dsound APIs.
3) A single filter with a single stereo pin that supports > 1 possible
instance:  This will show up as a single device in both APIs, but you
will get multiple secondary Dsound buffers.

Mitch Rundle
Microsoft

rights.