[wdmaudiodev] Re: First Issue

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:42:24 -0700

 Rubem Nascimento da Rocha wrote:

> I'm from Manaus-AM, Brazil, and this is my first message to this
> amazing group I've found out. First of all, I need a help on MSVAD
> driver. I have the source code but I don't have the DDK to build this
> one. So, my first needing is to have a compiled version of this driver
> and instructions about installation. I'm need to develop an audio
> capture application, and MSVAD is exactly what I need. The second
> needing is to have a sample user-mode application (it could be in C++)
> showing how to interacte with MSVAD for audio capturing.

MSVAD is a sample driver.  You are expected to modify it to do what you
need.  Straight out of the box, it does not contain the functionality
you expect.  For example, the base version of MSVAD does NOT provide any
method for a user-mode application to "interact" with it.

There is a product called "virtual audio cable"
(http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) that DOES do what you
need.  It's quite affordable for non-commercial use.

How did you get the source code for MSVAD without the DDK?