[wdmaudiodev] Re: Filter and PortCls node IDs

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew van Eerde <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 11:57:06 +0700

Hello Matthew,

> Better still, can you break in on an invalid request and send me a
> minidump off-list?

Unfortunately, I cannot create a minidump containing memory content.
The .dump command without options doesn't save request content while
/ma or /mfFhut produce "Extra character error" message.

I use WinDbg 6.12.2.633 because the latest 6.3.9600.16384 has a known
problem with displaying register window content in kernel mode.

> That should finger what is sending the request, too.

These requests are sent by Windows Audio Subsystem (wdmaud).

Initially, I have added node ID logging to investigate why my miniport
cannot handle SetFrequency method for hardware-accelerated DirectSound
streams under XP. All of my wave miniport nodes support
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_SAMPLING_RATE (get, set and basic support) but the
appropriate handler is never called. So I have added logging of
incoming property requests and saw that PortCls fails them all:

IoCtlProp: KS_NodeProp,FO=+25b298,Prop=Audio/SAMPLING_RATE,F=SET|TOPO,N=11,P=456
IoCtlProp: IRP +608e90
(KS_NodeProp,FO=+25b298,Prop=Audio/SAMPLING_RATE,F=SET|TOPO,N=11,P=456) failed
(NOT_FOUND)

IoCtlProp: KS_NodeProp,FO=+25b298,Prop=Audio/SAMPLING_RATE,F=SET|TOPO,N=11,P=456
IoCtlProp: IRP +7dae90
(KS_NodeProp,FO=+25b298,Prop=Audio/SAMPLING_RATE,F=SET|TOPO,N=11,P=456) failed
(NOT_FOUND)

These requests are sent to a wave streaming pin so I wondered at a
strange node ID (wave miniport node structure is attached) and checked
for topology miniport node property requests too.

Regards,
Eugene