[wdmaudiodev] Re: External clock synchronization and sample rate issue

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Markus Bollinger <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:47:42 -0700

The bug "Need a way for a device to advertise realtime format caps changes" is
currently not a Windows OS Bug since the feature is part of the ongoing feature
planning/prioritization process for the next version of Windows and given the
ability for 3rd parties to work around this in the driver:

"Custom audio driver implements a different PnP device interface for each of
the possible formats."

This means it is currently not slated for QFE or SP1 release. If you feel
strongly this is unacceptable (and I think many of you will) please consider
going through Microsoft premier product support channels to file a QFE request
against Vista for this issue. We need officially documented demand to justify
working on this sooner than what is now planned.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande | Windows Sound Team PM | (p) 425.705.0637