[wdmaudiodev] Re: External clock? properties! exclusive access!

  • From: tekHedd <tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 18:54:18 -0700

I answer my own questions for the sake of the archive because  maybe
somebody else in the world is as stupid as I am. :) Regards to all.

Exposing custom properties from PortCls-based miniports is trivially
easy *once you already know how to do it*.

> Q. Will I be able to access user-defined properties (not DRIVER_SPECIFIC
> but with new GUID's) or will ksproxy hide them from me?

Yes. PortClass will expose any property you want to define. Read about
Streaming properties to get the structures right (contains a KSPROPERTY
as the first member, etc).

This is neat! I don't know why there aren't more enthusiastic
exclamation points in the documentation.

> Problem: how to open the driver from the control panel while a WDM-KS
> program has exclusive access. Again, "Hmmm." Perhaps the topology is not
> locked? Or do I need to expose another driver object, etc, etc?

You (or should that be "I") can instantiate the stream to set properties
on it without instantiating the pins, so if you put your custom
properties as stream properties (rather than nodes) you can manipulate
the stream while it's open and running.

t/DD
--
Tom Surace                               <tekhedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>