[wdmaudiodev] External Panel for a sysfx (APO)

  • From: "Alexandra Schoepel \(Ally\)" <Alexandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:24:39 -0700

Hi guys,

I am trying to write an external control panel application for a sysfx
(APO) process based on our existing XP product.  I am under the
impression that this is not possible, that the property store cannot be
written by anything other than the property page(s) associated with the
sysfx, loaded by the operating system in the audio properties control
panel.

Is this true?

Since we have a "super-cool" graphic panel that works on XP, we are
hoping to re-interface this with the Vista APO architecture.  Many of
our OEM customers are requesting/demanding this solution (insert crack
of whip sound).  It seems we are forced to look at alternative means
instead of using the property store.. such as setting up shared memory
between the panel and our effect to communicate parameter changes and
using an alternative persistent data store than the one part of the
recommended architecture.  We'd prefer to work with the operating system
architecture but without having to re-write the panel for a property
page.

Do you or will you support property store editing for sysfx with
external applications like this so we can use the operating system's
methods?  Any advice?

Thanks,
Ally