[wdmaudiodev] Re: Exposing several ranges

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:58:06 +0000

KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_7POINT1_SURROUND (0x60f) may be a better option than 0xff.

Is your driver a portcls miniport?

Portcls comes with a default Data Range Intersection handler which handles
format support requests.  This default handler honors support requests for mono
and stereo PCM.

If your support is anything other than this (e.g., you don't support mono, or
you support a compressed format, or you support multichannel) then you need to
write and register your own data range intersection handler.

If you do implement a data range intersection handler, are you getting calls to
it?