[wdmaudiodev] Re: Exposing several ranges

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:36:30 +0200

Matthew van Eerde skrev 2011-10-20 18:00:
As I read it, the MSVadSimple driver should support 6-channel and 8-channel
audio.  If you install that driver, does the Speaker Configuration wizard work?

Ok, when I added 16 bit as valid, it all started working. Kind of. It seems
that in order for the audio CPL device properties and config to work properly,
it REQUIRES that 44100/2/16 be supported, if not: no speaker config, and the
device advanced tab is missing (!)

Why does Vista not care about what KSDATARANGE the device is reporting ? I have
one case where my device supports 48000 KHz ONLY, and after I refuse 44100/2/16
format, PropertyHandlerProposedFormat stops being called (!), resulting in a
non-usable device!

The form factor of my device is KSNODETYPE_SPEAKERS

This ain't funny anymore  :(
/Rob