[wdmaudiodev] Re: Exposing a topology to Vista

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:20:20 +1100

Hi Andrew,

Going from memory of a discussion on this list a couple of years back (and I
might well be wrong), I think Vista requires the default playback endpoint to
be either a KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER or KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR pin. If it's a
KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER pin, it always appears "Speakers" whereas a
KSNODETYPE_LINE_CONNECTOR pin is given its pin name. As far as I know, none of
this Vista-specific stuff has been documented in the WDK as yet.

Jeff