[wdmaudiodev] Re: Enumeration of Nodes on Instantiated Pins

  • From: Art Edwards <snowdog0@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:28:18 -0400

You assume correctly.  I am referring to the mixer API.

OK.  But don't laugh.

I'm interested in implementing an el-cheapo audio generator/analyzer.  I've
been using Directsound for the generator.  I'd like to have some ability to
predict what the output level (in volts or something similar) will be.

For calibrating the system, I was hoping to take the approach of adjusting
the wave volume while reading the volume node until I get it somewhere near
0dB.  Then I figured I'd capture the mixer API setting & use that.  I told
you it was el-cheapo.

I suppose a better approach would be to go Kernel Streaming the whole
way.  Then, I'd have a handle to the pin I created.  But, I'm not sure how
to accomplish that.   Any news on that white-paper BTW ?...

Art Edwards

Art's <http://members.localnet.com/~snowdog0/Resume>resume.
Art's <http://www.soniqboom.net>band (a.k.a. Soniq Boom).