[wdmaudiodev] Enumerating volume controls in Vista

  • From: Andrew Mindrin <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:07:28 +0400

Hello,

I need to enumerate volume controls, i.e. I need to build
the tree:

Volume Group
   Volume
   CD
   AUX
   .. etc

I do the following:

1. Enumerating EndPoints to retrieve IPart (Volume Group)
2. Obtaining IDeviceTopology for each IPart
2. Enumerating volume controls in topology by using GetConnector
   method and querying IPart interface for each connector

All works fine, the problem is when several Volume Groups have the
same topology, i.e. Volume Group 1 and Volume Group 2 have the same
IDeviceTopology object.

The questions is how to determine which controls relate to Volume
Group 1 and which controls relate to Volume Group 2? Or maybe I need
to use another algorithm?

Thanks,
Andrew