[wdmaudiodev] Driver performance logging

  • From: R T <ghk782000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm new to this list and wondering if anybody here happened to look into
logging an audio driver's performance with relation to this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/perform/mmdrv.mspx

Following the instruction there on using tracelog and tracerpt on WinXP SP2, I
managed to get a log, which I attached an extract of it.

Can anyone point out to me how to intepret Lower Bound and Upper Bound? It
seems to me it is a range of time it takes for a certain process to complete.
Is it in terms of microsec, msec?

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ray.

| Distribution of portcls.sys (F28A0945) DPC execution times for the whole
trace                                                    |