[wdmaudiodev] Re: Driver model for multi-client MIDI

  • From: Andrew Vogan <andrewvog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:36:23 -0400

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Cheng-mean Liu (SOCCER) <
soccerl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chen this out: with the API below, multi-client feature was supported at
level high than the driver.

http://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.WindowsPreview.MidiRT/

It's fantastic to hear that Microsoft is expanding their MIDI support for
sandboxed Windows 8.x WinRT apps. That said, the linked package doesn't
relate to WDM audio drivers used by desktop apps and thus my project.

I'll still be grateful for tips/suggestions from anyone who happens to know
where the Microsoft UsbAudio.sys MIDI driver's single-client restriction
originates, and whether it's likely to bite me if I proceed down the
PortCls or AVStream paths.