[wdmaudiodev] Re: Driver - White Paper

  • From: "Martin Puryear" <martinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:14:21 -0800

There are two different items here.  It is unclear about which you are =
asking, Richard.

* 1394 audio driver update - JackU is your contact; we are still =
discussing the delivery timeframe/vehicle.  Certainly we are hoping for =
as soon as possible, but Jack can talk to that. =20

* KSUSER white paper - this is now with our doc writer, probably another =
week or so.  Other higher priority items have been taken care of; this =
now is one of our very highest priorities. =20

N.B.: this paper contains some simple sample code to use what is already =
in the public SDKs and DDKs, and it is targeted at audio **ISVs**, =
specifically creators of high-performance (low-latency, bit-for-bit) =
audio applications. =20

I've heard a lot of hue and cry from **IHVs** about this.  We do not =
believe that IHVs should be anticipating changes to their WDM driver as =
a result of this white paper.  If people do not believe this is the =
case, I'd be interested in the reasoning (I can think of a few).

Thanks for your interest in this,

Martin Puryear
Development Manager
Windows Audio/Video Platform

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.
Ce message est fourni en l'=E9tat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne =
vous conf=E8re aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques li=E9s =E0 son =
utilisation.