[wdmaudiodev] Does MSVAD support only 1 Microphone/Output Stream

  • From: Vipin Kumar <vipin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:12:40 +0530

Hi,
    i am using MSVAD simple as my base for  supporting  20 virtual
microphone streams ( however, only 1 device is there, different streams are
given different data based on session ID).

However, the moment i change  MAX_OUTPUT_STREAMS   in SIMPLE.H   from  it's
default value 1 to  say 2 or 3,  everything starts getting garbled,

the request  CMiniportWaveCyclicStreamMSVAD::CopyFrom  which triggers at 10
ms means 22050 Hz, 16 bit mono  , equals 441 bytes per 10 ms ( when
MAX_OUTPUT_STREAMS = 1)

becomes     660 bytes and sometimes 662 bytes, ( when MAX_OUTPUT_STREAMS is
greater than 1)

my only question is,
    (i)     What am i doing wrong.( i have confirmed my results 5 times in a
row, by interchanging the MAX_OUTPUT_STREAMS to 4 and vice versa ) &
everytime i got the same results.
   (ii)     How to do it ( support multiple capture streams);

here's 1  windbg log  with  MAX_OUTPUT_STREAMS  set  to 4

MSVAD: New Format: 22050
CMiniportWaveCyclic::NewStream Stream
Timer Interval  10  Frame Size  441
MSVAD: KSSTATE_PAUSE