[wdmaudiodev] Do Not Make Me The Preferred Device

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:26:02 -0800

I think I've read this answer before, but I can't find it.

I have a USB audio device.  Well, it's virtual device, but it walks and talks like a USB audio device.  usbaudio.sys happily communicates with me and handles microphone and speaker data.

When my device is enumerated, it becomes the preferred default device.  I don't want that.  I just want to slip quietly into the background.  I've seen answers that use properties to suppress that, but in this case it is usbaudio.sys that is creating the properties, not me.  How can I force the system not to make me the preferred device?

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.