[wdmaudiodev] Re: DirectX and AVStream

  • From: Stephan Kappertz <stephan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:29:16 +0100

You have to to define a second pin in your MIDI filter that supports KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_DIRECTMUSIC. Look at the dmusuart sample in WinDDK. That sample is not AVStream based but you need to build an identical filter factory.

Then in your pin's DispatchCreate handler, check Pin->ConnectionFormat->SubFormat to see if you've been opened as KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_MIDI or KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_DIRECTMUSIC.

Depending on the format, the buffers you send/receive in the stream pointer have a different format: KSMUSICFORMAT for MIDI and DMUS_EVENTHEADER for DIRECTMUSIC.

- Stephan

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz wrote:
Hi there

Can somebody tell what needs to be done to support MIDI DirectX driver in
Avstream driver directly?

I've set the second KSDATARANGE for directX as stated, but still the
Pin_SetDeviceState_Midi
receives just the MME KSDATARANGE.

Do I need to set some extra registry values or something?

Peace
Waldemar