[wdmaudiodev] Re: DirectX Enumeration GUIDs

  • From: "Dugan Porter" <duganp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:54:52 -0700

Hi Thomas,

Do you mean the GUIDs returned by DirectSoundEnumerate?  They are
actually generated within dsound.dll using this rule:

<BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC200xx>, where xx is the order in which
the devices are enumerated by SysAudio.sys.

If changing the preferred audio device changes the order in which
SysAudio enumerated the devices, it will change this GUID; I don't know
of any way to avoid that.

Dugan Porter - DirectX Audio Dev Lead - Microsoft
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights