[wdmaudiodev] Direct KS question

  • From: "Andrew Sherbrooke" <asher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:13:22 -0700

Hi all,

I have a Direct KS user process which speaks to USBAudio.sys. It uses
rings of buffers for input and output, submitting them via
DeviceIoControl, using IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM and IOCTL_KS_READ_STREAM. It
then waits for one of the associated events to become signaled by calling
WaitForMultipleObjects().

Everything works great until we set it up to use 96 kHz stereo input
(we're not using output at that rate, because of bandwidth limitations, so
it's just waiting on the input buffers). However the
WaitForMultipleObjects() call returns immediately, causing our process to
basically spin in a tight loop, never getting valid data. Occasionally it
will work fine, but most of the time it behaves as described. Output at 96
kHz works. Both directions together work at 44.1 and 48. It appears that
input even works alone at 88.2 (although I haven't tested this
exhaustively), and again, infrequently, it works at 96 kHz. Has anyone
seen anything like this? Are there known problems with USBAudio.sys at
these higher rates, perhaps (Windows XP Pro, current release)? Thanks very
much!

Sincerely,

Andrew Sherbrooke