[wdmaudiodev] Re: Different sample rate on In/Output -> stream won't start

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:47:59 +0000

The simplest solution is to claim support for only one sample rate across all
of your inputs and outputs. Windows will take care of converting all audio
to/from that sample rate before it reaches you.

A more complicated solution is to claim support for all rates... until the
first stream is opened. At that point you could raise a KS event on all of your
other inputs/outputs to tell Windows that your format support on that
input/output has changed.

Windows assumes that format support on different inputs/outputs of the same
adapter are completely independent of each other. If there is a dependency, you
have to do extra work in your driver.