[wdmaudiodev] Re: Device enumeration and filtering.

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:18:45 +0200

Anton Shpakovsky skrev 2011-05-25 07:10:
Ok, I can use DeviceIoControl but I do not understand how to call
DeviceIoControl to device returned by DShow enumerator
(CLSID_AudioInputDeviceCategory).
I do not see any common handle that I can use later to call DeviceIoControl.

Any ideas?

How do you get the "FriendlyName" property ? Try getting the "DevicePath"
property instead. Here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd377566(v=vs.85).aspx, I can see
that
"DevicePath" is available (although the doc says its for video capture devices
only... I wonder...)

If you get hold of that, you can use it in CreateFile to get a handle to the
device, which in turn you can use with DeviceIoControl.

Regards
/Rob