[wdmaudiodev] Re: Device enumeration and filtering.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:45:38 -0700

Anton Shpakovsky wrote:

> I have a virtual audio microphone based on MSVAD.
> I use DirectShow to enumerate devices and I want to exlude my driver
> from the list.

That's interesting, because that's the opposite of the usual desire!

> I do not think that FriendlyName from PropertyBag is a good way for
> filtering, so I started to look for more precise way of doing filtering.
> AFAIK, FriendlyName will be different with different system languages,
> so my question is - how can I get unique device identifier while
> enumerating with DShow for not to show my microphone along with other
> mic devices on the list?

How DO you want to be able to use your device?  If you do not register
yourself as an audio device, you will not be in the DirectShow list.
But if you hope to find the device in your own application using the
system device enumerator, then you have conflicting goals.