[wdmaudiodev] Re: Device enumeration and filtering.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:10:59 -0700

Anton Shpakovsky wrote:
> Yes, I have seen this post, thanks.
>
> Ok, I can use DeviceIoControl but I do not understand how to call
> DeviceIoControl to device returned by DShow enumerator
> (CLSID_AudioInputDeviceCategory).
> I do not see any common handle that I can use later to call
> DeviceIoControl.

Most kernel streaming devices don't support any ioctls other than the
standard KS ioctls.  For those, there is a mechanism.  The DShow
enumerator returns an IBaseFilter.  You can query that for an IKsControl
interface, and use that to send KS property requests directly.

However, I'm not sure what information you're planning to ask for.