[wdmaudiodev] Re: Destination of IOCTL

  • From: Jake Alley <jakealley26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:34:06 -0700 (PDT)

Bear in mind I'm talking off the top of my head.  I'm not an expert on this
subject, but why would you want to use ioctl to send automation requests to a
driver?  Aren't the interfaces exposed at the user level?

The other thing is wouldn't CMiniportWaveCyclic and CMiniportWaveCyclicStream
keep their own states that you could query using global pointers for use with
ioctl?