[wdmaudiodev] Re: Debugging unknown WDM Driver

  • From: Florian Schirmer <florian.schirmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:13:55 +0100

Hi All,

On 18.12.2013, at 11:11, Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It's a USB device.  Don't they use the stock system driver --
>> usbaudio.sys?
>
> The current version (2.0) of the USB audio specification was coauthored
> by Microsoft and is only seven and a half years old, so _of course_ it
> is not yet supported by usbaudio.sys.

Even if it would, you still need to solve the issue with the low latency ASIO
support.

>>> If I got any results, maybe I could point the NI devs in the right
>>> direction and they'll maybe even release a fix.
>
> Can you find out if they started with one of the UAC2 drivers from
> Thesycon or XMOS, or wrote their own?

It is based on the driver we also use for our non UAC2 compliant devices.
Instead of investing time into reverse engineering the driver on your own i
strongly recommend to file a proper bug report. If you already did, please
forward it to me and i will make sure it gets the proper attention.

Best,
    Florian