[wdmaudiodev] Re: Debugging unknown WDM Driver

  • From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:11:51 +0100

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Max K wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
>> (cackling noises) [...]
>> I wanted to see if it maybe is possible to try to reverse or debug
>> the driver without any object files...
>
> It's a USB device.  Don't they use the stock system driver --
> usbaudio.sys?

The current version (2.0) of the USB audio specification was coauthored
by Microsoft and is only seven and a half years old, so _of course_ it
is not yet supported by usbaudio.sys.

>> If I got any results, maybe I could point the NI devs in the right
>> direction and they'll maybe even release a fix.

FWIW, this device is reported to work fine in Linux:
http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lau/2013/10/2/202243
so the problem is likely to be only with the driver.

Can you find out if they started with one of the UAC2 drivers from
Thesycon or XMOS, or wrote their own?

Regards,
Clemens