[wdmaudiodev] Debugging unknown WDM Driver

  • From: Max K <xaseriii@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 00:01:18 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Interface, that
I use in ASIO Mode with DAW software but also in WDM "Mode" with normal windows
applications.

The problem (cackling noises) can pretty easily be reproduced by switching
audio playback from different applications, i.e. Youtube and Winamp etc... As I
have resonable doubts that NI will soon / ever fix the issue, I wanted to see
if it maybe is possible to try to reverse or debug the driver without any
object files... If I got any results, maybe I could point the NI devs in the
right direction and they'll maybe even release a fix.

Now I have little experience with Reverse Engineering using tools like IDA but
I think to find the issue that actually triggers the "corruption" of the
playback stream some tools to monitor the playback would be a better starting
point. Could anyone give me some info on what tools to use (if there are any)?

Regards,
Max