[wdmaudiodev] Re: DTM problem

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:35:42 -0800

Well, I disabled the only device that is available in the BIOS.
When I did that, one of the audio devices in Device Manager went away, but
"HD Audio" is still there. I don't see any other device in the BIOS that is
audio related.

From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:13:12 -0800

Hi, Hakon,

Thank you for your reply...

I have a related question.

My device is just a plain PCM capture (only) device over USB. When I disable
the onboard audio device, "HD Audio" still appears in Device Manager. (The
onboard audio, however is gone and the system tray indicates "No Audio
Render Devices".

It looks like "HD Audio" is a software driver that is always loaded
regardless. Is this true? Does it interact with my device even if it just a
plain 8k - 44k PCM capture device?

I ask this because things (in DTM testing) seem to work much better when "HD
Audio" is disabled.