[wdmaudiodev] DTM Test on USBAUDIO.SYS with a custom INF, with Windows 8

  • From: "M'hand Boughias" <mhand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:11:23 +0200

Hi,
I am trying to pass the DTM audio test on an USBAUDIO device with a custom
INF.
My custom INF :
 - Includes wdma_usb.inf
 - Calls the USBAudio sections to install the usbaudio driver
 - Add a custom LFX APO dll

It seems that WaveTest.exe does not recognize my driver as usbaudio.sys and
try to pass this test : *Reset Pin while streaming data. *This test fails
because USBAUDIO.SYS is not a port class driver and does not support
the *IOCTL_KS_RESET_STATE
*request.
WaveTest output :

*FAIL: Pin has not responded to IOCTL_KS_RESET_STATE command for
KSRESET_BEGIN correctly. Position after reset is not zero*

When I start the same test with the standard wdma_usb.inf installation,
WaveTest write:

*The driver used is a known non-portcls driver: wdma_usb.inf*.
*IOCTL_KS_RESET_STATE is not required to be supported by non-portcls drivers
*

And the test is skipped.

I tried to apply the DTM Filters, there is a DTM filter related to this
issue (ID:511, *
https://sysdev.microsoft.com/fr-FR/Hardware/EC/FilterDetail.aspx?id=271*) but
it is only for the capture pin, not for the render pin.
Have you any idea how to pass this test with a custom INF?

Regards,

M'hand BOUGHIAS