[wdmaudiodev] Re: Custom "advanced audio properties" pages

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:49:12 -0700

XP GFX and Vista SysFX (GFX/LFX) are completely unrelated.  I think you are
getting them confused (which is totally understandable).

The SwapGFX in the Vista WDK illustrates how to create a Vista-only SysFX
component and associated audio control panel extension page.  Note that the XP
audio control panel applet was not extensible.

I'm under the impression though that you are trying to extend the audio control
panel on Vista independent of a SysFX, right?

If that's the case, and you don't mind not working down-level (to <= XP) then
you can using the SwapGFX proppageExtension sample as a starting point and just
make the modifications I cited below.

The definition of the propertykey and structure are in mmdeviceapi.h.

Regards,
Mitch