[wdmaudiodev] Custom Device Interface - which interface on IRP?

  • From: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:01:38 -0700

I realized that in my existing audio driver, I'm already intercepting *IRP_MJ_PNP* requests by doing the following in *DriverEntry*:

    pDriverObject->MajorFunction[IRP_MJ_PNP] = DispatchPnp;

...so, I can intercept *IRP_MJ_WRITE*, *IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL*, etc, the same way. For any requests I don't want to handle, I can call *PcDispatchIrp*.

One thing I don't understand: if my driver supports both *KSCATEGORY_AUDIO* and a custom Device Interface, how do I tell which *IRP_MJ_XXXXXX* requests are for my custom interface and which just get forwarded to PortCls?

Thanks.