[wdmaudiodev] Re: Cross-driver communication

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:37:00 -0700

Steve Thorpe wrote:

We have a USB 2.0 Video/Audio product.
It has seperate drivers for Video and Audio which we developed
(It does not use Microsoft's USBAUDIO.SYS - it was developed before the full USB 2.0 audio class spec was available)

The Audio driver is a Port Class mini-driver which works fine
for most of our device configurations but on some configurations the audio driver needs to communicate with the video driver. (Otherwise I have to duplicate a lot of complex I2C functionality in the audio driver)

Is this possible? If so any advice on how it can be done. ( I am just getting back into driver development so this may be a very basic problem but so far I haven't found a solution)

Sure. One way is to use interfaces. Have the video driver call IoRegisterDeviceInterface, and have the audio driver look it up with IoGetDeviceInterfaces.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx